A multi-spindle machine is a specialized type of screw machine designed to simultaneously cut various materials into smaller pieces by utilizing a wide range of specialized tools. The multi-spindle machines come with various spindles placed on a special drum that rotates horizontally.
A single rotation of the drum completes a series of operations required for a certain part of the given material to be cut; The drum continues the rotation process until the entire material has been cut into smaller pieces. Because of this functionality, multi-spindle machines are considered highly efficient for various industrial applications.
The Model B Machine
Davenport Machine’s highly-specialized Model B machine is the most functional multi-spindle automatic screw machine available.
With a highly simplified design allowing for an expedited set up process, the Model B variant follows the same working principles of the standard Model B but with some additional features. Most significantly, the Model B is less than half the size of any typical one-inch capacity multi-spindle machines currently available.
Features of the One-Inch Model B Multi-Spindle Machine
The latest version of the one-inch Model B multi-spindle machine functions efficiently with complete 1.00”diameter machine parts. This ability to use the machine with larger machinery and manufacturing parts offers users more efficient access to even more profitable market segments.
As mentioned, this version of the machine follows the lead of its predecessor model –the Model B multi-spindle automatic screw machine. However, it comes with a set of high-end technical features which make it an ideal option to be used for larger applications.
Here are some of the high-tech features of the one-inch Model B machine:
- One-inch capacity
- Burring spindle equipped to handle 1.00” diameter parts
- Bronze box spindles redesigned for handling larger bar capacity
- Higher compatibility with other Davenport machine attachments
- Upgraded stock depletion switch
- Variable-speed motorized chip conveyor
- Upgraded heavy-duty turnbuckle design
- Updated chuck & feed mechanisms
The specialized Model B offers additional design and functionality features:
- Work spindle aligning gears
- Disc style threading attachment option
- 10 HP main drive motor
- PCH controls upgrading
- Center drive with standard gear
- Burring spindle with sensing mechanism
- De-Clutch and braking mechanism
- Sound enclosure with interlocking doors
- Stock reel cover
Benefits of the Model B for Manufacturing Larger Parts
With the increased and advanced capacity offered by the multi-spindle screw machine, users save ample time, money, space, energy, and resources.
The highly specialized One-inch Model B is the upgraded version of the classic Machine B by Davenport, which is used for manufacturing larger parts in an efficient manner. The latest version of the multi-spindle screw machine is capable of:
- Feeding a complete 1.00” diameter bar with the help of a standard feeding mechanism
- Improving the overall production output
- Eliminating the need for some air-feed attachment
- Offering a superior ROI in comparison to the rebuilding of some older machine
If you’re looking to capture more of the market opportunity in your industry vertical, the one-inch Model B multi-spindle screw machine by Davenport may be the right fit for you.