Multi-spindle machines use many tools simultaneously to perform a series of operations on a workpiece. The machine encompasses multiple spindles located in a horizontally rotating drum. In a multi-spindle automatic screw machine, each rotation of this drum performs multiple operations at once to produce a finished part.
The Model B Davenport – Uses
Since 1900, The Model B has been the most profitable multi-spindle automatic screw machine on the market.
In the screw machine parts business, time is money. That’s why many successful managers have turned to Davenport Machine to increase their company profits. With a Davenport Model B multi-spindle automatic screw machine, less time is required to manufacture parts because this system minimizes the amount of setup and operating time required for successful use.
The parts of the Model B include:
- 5th position burring attachment
- Countersink attachment
- Chip conveyor
- Stock reel with cover
- Stock depletion sensor
- Noisetamer sound enclosure
Benefits of the Model B Davenport
Our multi-spindle automatic screw machines allow the use of up to four revolvings, drilling spindles during threading operations. These spindles allow for a variety of automatic screw machine tooling, including attachments for:
- Fourth-position cross-sliding
- Chip conveying
The Model B Davenport automatic lathe machine offers a wide range of benefits that result in smooth operation and long service life. These include:
- Easily adjustable single-plate clutches to compensate for wear
- Coarse pitch worms on worm wheels, which are larger than the cams
- Hardened alloy steel one-piece chuck and feed cam
- Long and deep cross slides in renewable seats securely attached to the bed
- Ground/hardened tool spindles
- Revolving head and wire case carriers supported by a roller outer bearing
- Feed train using wide-faced, coarse-pitch gears
- Heavy cams, rolls, and cam levers used throughout
Not only does the Davenport offer a higher quality of finished work, but this automatic multi-spindle screw machine enables longer life for automatic screw machine tooling. Each tool has a separate feed as well as an adjustment to the length of the tool to easily support adjustments to the feed.
Working with Davenport
With a wide range of spindle speeds, the Davenport features superior efficiency over other automatic multi-spindle screw machines, offering an appropriate cutting speed for any project.
If you would like to learn more about the Davenport Model B’s capabilities, contact us and request a quote today.
- Oversize or Regular Capacity
- Cycle Index 75, 60, or 45 Cycle
- Disc Style Threading Attachment
- 5th Position Stationary Head Burring Attachment
- 5th Position Countersink Attachment
- 10 Hp Main Drive Motor
- Electrics (Please specify voltage required)
- Motorized Bijur System
- Barrel Chucking
- Center Drive with Standard Gear
- Double Action Chip Conveyor
- 1st and 2nd Position Tool Posts and Cross Slides
- 3rd Position Swing Arm
- Optional 3rd Position Cross Slide Available at Additional Cost
- 5th Position Swing Arm
- Stock Depletion Sensor
- DeClutch & Brake Mechanism (optional)
- Stock Reel for 12 Foot Long Bar Stock
- Stock Reel Cover
- Noisetamer Complete (optional)
Considering a remanufacture? Let Davenport do the job! Model B rebuilds include new:
- 5th Position Stationary Head Burring Attachment
- Stationary Head
- Revolving Head
- Inner and Outer Revolving Spindles with Bronze Bearings
- Ball Bearing Feed Tube Assemblies
- Chuck Slides
- Ring Gear
- Barrel Chucking on Work Spindles, Burring Spindles, High-speed Clutch, and Starting Clutch
- 1st and 2nd Position Cross Slides using CJWinter 132 EG Reversible Slides
- Stationary Tool Spindles and Boxes
- Main Bearings and Bushings
- Lubrication System with Motorized Pump
Regular capacity of feed tubes 9/16" round, 1/2" hexagon and 3/8" square. Special feed tubes with feed fingers soldered in can be furnished to take a stock up to 5/8" round, 9/16" hexagon and 7/16" square Longest length fed 3" Longest length turned 2 1/2" Number of changes of spindle speeds 27 Range of spindle speeds 500 - 4,500 RPM Number of changes of feeds 60 Range of feed gears .8 - 18.4 seconds
Driving shaft 1,500 RPM Hand wheel shaft 750 RPM Indexing head, feeding stock, etc. 4/10 second constant
When cutting steel the threading spindle revolves in the same direction as the work spindle at a ratio of 3 to 4 while threading tool is running to work and 3 to 2 while running off.
When threading on brass work the threading spindle is stopped when tool is running on but revolves twice the speed of the work spindle to run off.
First feed change gear shaft 200 Ratio of worm and wheel 60 to 6
Size of Equipment
Diameter of circular tools 2" Diameter of hole in tool spindle 3/4" Outside diameter of tool spindle 1 3/8" Least distance between chuck and tool spindle 2 1/8" Greatest distance between chuck and tool spindle 4 13/16" Diameter of long feed cams 7 1/2" Diameter of cross feed cams 6" Thickness of cams 3/8"
Chucks and feed fingers 5 each Cams 9 Spindle change gears 2 Feed change gears 1 Threading gears 2 Set of wrenches and screwdrivers 1
Machine designed for motor drive 10 H.P., 1,800 RPM. Motor and all electrical controls are extra.
39" x 61". Distance from top spindle to floor is 44 1/2".
Model B - Oversize
Same equipment as above but with oversize spindles and feed tubes to take the stock up to 13/16" round, 11/16" hexagon and 9/16" square. Special one piece feed tube and feed finger can be furnished to take stock up to 7/8" round, 3/4" hexagon and 19/32" square.
Dimensions and Weight
Machine Wire Case Carrier Size crate 60" W x 112" L x 96" H 124" x 12" x 12" Net weight 3,600 lbs (domestic or foreign) 175 lbs (domestic or foreign) Gross weight 3,800 lbs (domestic / crated)
4,000 lbs (foreign / boxed)
225 lbs (domestic / crated)
225 lbs (foreign / boxed)
Machine Tool Builders Association Standard Gray
Davenport’s World of Attachments
A vast array of precision attachments offers more flexibility. Learn why the Model B gets the job done smoother, faster and more profitable.World of Attachments