Davenport Machine focuses on continuously improving our genuine OEM parts through redesign and customization to enhance the value of these items for our customers. We do not just sell replacement parts to fix problems—instead, we work with our customers to implement the optimized, durable, and cost-effective solutions they need. Throughout more than 100 years in the business, our primary emphasis has been on delivering quality solutions at competitive prices to our customers.
New and Improved OEM Replacement Parts
At Davenport, our Engineering Exploration and Advancement Group focuses on developing improvements to our parts and manufacturing practices. In the last few years, Davenport has made millions of dollars in investments to improve our production equipment and processes. These capital investments have brought about substantial progress in our manufacturing efficiency and quality, thus dramatically impacting our ability to produce superior parts at competitive prices.
Listed below are some of our new and improved OEM replacement parts:
9-27 Stationary Heads
Davenport’s updated manufacturing process for our 9-27 stationary heads resulted not only in a more aesthetically appealing part, but also a number of improved functions:
- More accurate taper angles, increasing contact with mating boxes.
- More accurate spindle positions.
- Interchangeability with all current Davenport OEM components.
These changes are backwards compatible, so they do not require any changes on the customer’s end.
8-SA-OS Oversize Revolving Heads
Davenport’s 8-SA Oversize Heads are now available in custom sizes up to Ø8.850. This is an improvement from the previous maximum of Ø8.790. This is the largest Revolving Head size allowed that will fit within the ring gear. These larger heads allow customers to get several additional rebuilds on machines that have already been re-bored to an oversize condition, resulting in an increase in the service life of expensive machines by many years. The larger oversize head can be interchanged with all of our OEM parts, and is manufactured with the same quality and precision you would expect from Davenport OEM revolving heads.
SB-849–200 Coolant Pumps
Identifying our traditional coolant pump as Davenport’s single largest contributor of machine noise, we’ve upgraded the system with a robust pump that improves operator comfort and safety, while outperforming on coolant pressure and flow. The older positive displacement gear-pumps, both chain driven and direct drive, produce a distinct noise that can be heard over all other gear and tooling noises. The new SB-849-200 uses centrifugal vane technology to deliver larger amounts of coolant than previously possible, at higher pressures for most viscosity coolants, and while generating less noise, heat, and vibration. The new pump can also handle larger abrasive particles without risking pump seizure.
Key features of this new pump include:
- Virtually silent operation
- Average of 8-10 dB drop in machine noise levels
- Powerful 3 HP motor frees up machine power for chip making when replacing chain-drive units
- 3 stage stainless steel impellers
- Carbide seals and bearings
- Large 2” NPT inlet and outlet to maximize flow
- 2-3x more flow at typical viscosities
- 30 GPM at 50 psi (~SAE 30 motor oil / 80 cSt @ at 40° C
- 45 GPM at 40 psi (~SAE 30 motor oil / 80 cSt @ 40° C
- Maximum recommended viscosity 500 cSt @ 40° C
- Available retrofit kits for most Davenport machines
- Made in USA
BP-600 Cam Operated Rear Brake (Davenport Brake)
Davenport is now manufacturing a new alternative to the standard 5080-187-57-SA rear brake. The BP-600 Cam Operated Rear Brake uses a Cast Iron Brake shoe, and solid bronze drum for a long, trouble-free life. Its main features include:
- Larger surface area between the shoe and brake drum creating strong braking force
- Elimination of radial loads being placed on the camshaft that could cause wear in bushings
- Stops the tool spindles from lunging forward while using extra springs on cam levers or positive return cams
- Easier adjustments, and long-lasting consistency
- Less frequent adjustments of the brake, improving function of the high speed clutch
- Only relies on mechanical actuation through a cam profile and drive dog
- Interchangeable parts to similar cam operated rear brakes
Innovate With Davenport Machine
Any parts supplier can sell you yet another replacement part for your problem. However, Davenport’s highly trained and experienced staff members are able to provide timely technical support and real solutions to our customers.
For information about these new and improved parts—or any of Davenport’s products—please contact us today.
Tags: OEM Replacement Parts