The Davenport Screw Machine enclosure has recently undergone a variety of improvements to enhance the overall user experience, as well as to bring the machine into compliance with modern safety standards. With improved noise abatement and the addition of the door interlock system, the enclosure now offers a safer, code compliant working environment for the operator. Other changes to lighting, visibility and the wiring layout combine to add value to what is now standard for many new enclosure configurations. New HP machines come standard with the door interlock system and updated enclosure. Machines with enclosure model DSM-2000 and newer are compatible with the interlock system. If the enclosure model is DSM-85 or DSM 90 XL, it will require an enclosure upgrade to use interlocks. Depending on machine configuration, the interlock system may need auxiliary components in order to work properly.
Key Benefits of an Updated Enclosure, and Door Interlocks:
- LED light upgrade, with more protection for lighting and longer working life
- Large windows in 4 doors is standard in new enclosures, for better machine visibility
- Improved noise abatement to meet OSHA requirements
- Electrical wiring is routed through opening on top of the enclosure to eliminate oil running down the wires onto the floor, as it was in older models
- The door interlock system gives the operator a more safe and effective use of the machine, without any compromise in functionality
- Interlock system allows the machine to run automatically with all doors closed
- The Interlock system allows for a jog only condition while doors are open
- The Interlock system brings guarding and safety features into alignment with updated workplace safety standards
- When a new enclosure is purchased with interlocks, most integration can be done in our Rochester, NY facility to minimize installation time. New machine controls may be required and can be integrated into the enclosure as well.
CJWinter and Davenport Machine OEM parts are constantly being redesigned to maximize the value to the Customer. Any parts supplier can sell you yet another replacement part for your problem.
If you found the above information valuable, take a look at our Engineering Bulletins that allow you to stay up-to-date with Davenport News as well as announcements about our attachments and replacement parts. The bulletins have proven to be a valuable resource for anyone who uses our product.
Let the team at Davenport Machine supply you with a cost effective solution to it instead. Contact your local distributor, or call us directly at 1-800-344-5748 and ask about our many new and improved products that will help put profits back where they belong… in your pocket.
If you haven’t recently visited our website, you probably weren’t aware of the numerous innovations coming out of Davenport Machine. Innovation is vital in our industry. It gives our team the chance to answer your pain points, while driving up your sales, and driving down your lead times. Here’s a partial list of the most significant developments.
Development of the next generation Hybrid Machine
- Ability to hold diametrical features to within 0.0005.
- Revolving head index time as short as 0.25 sec.
- 1st and 2nd position CNC driven slides.
- 3rd and 5th position CNC driven swing arms.
- 4th position 2-axis CNC slide.
Development of the High Precision Chucker
- Davenport Machine and Marroquin Industries (MIC) are proud to announce the introduction of the new High Precision Chucker. Utilizing innovations from MIC, along with elements from Davenport’s High Precision Head, we are now able to offer the precision and durability of the HP Head in the new High Precision Chucker.
Development of the One Inch Model B
- The larger capacity allows Davenport users to manufacture parts in a highly profitable market segment, typically relegated to larger, slower & more costly machines.
- Can feed a full 1.00” bar through a standard bar feeding mechanism, eliminating the need for an air-feed attachment
- The vast majority of Davenport tools & attachments can be used on this machine. A One Inch ready tool package is available to meet any other requirements.
Development of Next Generation High Precision (HP) Head
- Higher Quality/Reduced Defective Parts Per Million (DPPM) – shops currently averaging <100 DPPM for product being produced on a standard 8-SA Head, have seen that number lowered to <50 DPPM on product being produced on an HP Head
- Higher Productivity – shops have found upwards of 10% efficiency gains running an HP Head v. 8-SA Head. The advanced head reduces errors and variances, requiring less tool adjustments, less tool changes, longer tool life and less downtime overall.
- Lower Maintenance Costs – annual maintenance costs for an 8-SA Head can exceed $2,000, while annual maintenance for the HP Head is $500 (amortized). Also, machines equipped with the HP Head use approximately 40% less lube oil.
- Ability to Run Tougher Materials – materials such as A286, 455 Stainless and L605 can be successfully run on Davenport machines equipped with an HP Head.
New User Friendly Davenport Website Featuring:
- Brochures available on our newest machines
- New Tech Tips and Engineering Bulletins readily available to help keep your machines running at peak efficiency, while keeping costs at a minimum.
- Updated Catalogs and Manuals
- Data and Specs for all of Davenport’s attachments
- Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) brochures for our newest machines and parts
No-Hassle Return Policy on Parts
- If you are dissatisfied with a Davenport OEM part, for any reason, we will refund or exchange it via Next Day shipping with:
- No Questions
- No Purchase Order
- No Additional Shipping Charge
Coming Soon: New State-of-the-Art Training Facility